Hope everyone's May has started out well, it's been a bit stressful for me since I'm finishing up school and have had so many things on my plate. I'm happy though because I finally decided on a thesis topic that I'm ready to commit to and absolutely love! I won't bore you all with the details, but it involves New Orleans and voodoo! I hope the rest of the month comes quickly so I can finally go home for vacation, here are my goals for the month of May.
1. Reach 35k views this month
I hit my last goal of 30k, so now I'm upping it another 5,000, hopefully I can do it!
2. Take Instagram pictures ahead of time
I have this awful habit of taking most of my Instagram photos the day I post them which gives me little time for editing, or leaves me without a photo for the day. If I can spend some time, maybe an hour twice a week where I plan my photos, I think that will really help me.
3. Reach 300 Twitter followers
I cannot for the life of me grow my twitter! I'm not sure why, but even when I'm putting in some serious effort my numbers stay relatively the same. If you have some tips I would love for you to send them my way!!
1. Make study guides ahead of time and finish assignments as early as possible
A very broad goal, but I'm not that great at making study guides early. I always end up completing my review sheets a day or two before the test, which definitely isn't enough time to study. I get good grades, but I would probably get better ones if I was better at planning ahead! I also want to try to get all my assignments out of the way so I can start making my study guides. I've started implementing library study hours for myself this week which has really helped me be more productive, I'm thinking I should make this a new routine. I'm still hitting myself for not understanding the power of working in the library until Junior year...
2. Only drink water except at restaurants
I've been drinking way too much diet coke recently, and I need to get back into my habit of drinking water! I'm limiting myself to only have soda while eating out, because if I cut it out completely it will suck.
3. Sell all unused books to the bookstore
I have an extremely large bag of books that has been growing since freshman year sitting in the corner of my room. These are books that I've bought for classes, probably never looked at, and now are gathering dust. I have to go check with my school's bookstore and see how many, if any, they'll take back. Hopefully I can earn some money in the process!
Reflection on April's Goals
1. Reach 30k views - Done! I hit 30,649 last month
2. Post on Instagram at least 5 times a week - I tried my best, but this did not happen for every week, unfortunately
3. Reach out to other bloggers more - Sadly no! I got extremely caught up in schoolwork and barely had time to comment on people's instagrams!
4. Commit to Whole 30 - I got sick, so Whole 30 was put on the back burner. Will try again someday soon!
5. Clean my room once a week - I've actually been pretty good at this one. I would pick up a few things here and there, so my room wasn't a total disaster. Right now it's a little bit crazy, but I still have a few more days until the week is over!
6. Be more social - I have definitely been more social! I've hung out with some of my Alpha Gam friends, I've hung out with people from my thesis class multiple times, and I've just been out and about more and home less. It feels good to be social.
So I didn't do the greatest job at committing to last month's goals, hopefully this month I'll be better!
What are your goals for the month of May?