Definitely a little late on this one, but my birthday was last month! I've seen other bloggers do posts like these, and was excited to do one myself. So here are twenty things I've learned in my twenty years of life! (Wow, I'm two decades old. Still sort of a shocker.)
1. Friendships will end, but all friendships have a purpose in your life.
2. Sometimes you'll be the only one you can count on.
3. It's okay to not know what you want out of life. There's a lot of time to think it over.
4. Getting one bad grade (or a few) won't kill you.
5. No matter how much you lie to yourself, running isn't fun.
6. Being a little narcissistic is a good thing, it's great to love yourself.
7. Always be prepared. This goes for any situation.
8. Reading and painting nails are the best ways to relax.
9. Don't be ashamed of your music taste.
10. No matter how badly someone/something makes you feel, remember that good times are on the horizon.
11. Never miss an opportunity to travel.
12. Don't be afraid to reach out to others if you need help or have questions. This goes for friends, school, business ventures, etc.
13. Pets can always make you feel better.
14. A good lipstick can make any outfit.
15. There are friends that you can really share everything with, always keep in touch with them.
16. Love your parents, they mean well.
17. Retail therapy is real, and it's an addicting bad habit.
18. Even though it feels great to sleep in, it will always feel like you're wasting half of your day.
19. Math is the enemy. Not true for everyone, but for me.
20. If you want to do something (like start a blog...), do it!