Thanksgiving is coming up within the next week, and I wanted to write down a list of what I'm grateful for as of right now. Normally this is a time to think about friends and family, but this list is a bit more specific and leans towards students and what I see in my daily life. Hope you can relate to some of these, or even if you can't, I'd love to hear what you're thankful for!
1. Thanksgiving break, or really any break from school to be honest.
2. Coming home and seeing my pets get excited.
3. Professors that cancel assignments and/or tests.
4. Emails telling you your class was canceled (especially your classes before 10am!)
5. Chipotle. I'm pretty sure I don't need an explanation here.
6. Coffee, or in my case, iced coffee for the days when you need an extra boost of energy.
7. Naps, for when said coffee wears off.
8. Roommates you can tell anything to.
9. University dining dollars, in my case panther bucks, that make you feel like you aren't actually spending money.
10. Your mattress pad(s) because without it your back would be killing you.
11. Netflix, your one and only true love.
12. The days when cold weather starts to hit and you can finally dress in cute layers!
13. Puppies on campus as stress relievers for finals week.
14. Leggings and yoga pants.
15. Instagram, so you can share all your cool college adventures, or lack there of...
16. Starbucks holiday drinks, my favorite is the Creme Brulee Latte.
17. Yik Yak and all the weird things you find on there.
18. Sleeping in on the weekend.
19. Binge-watching tv shows and movies with friends.
20. Skyping with your parents.
21. Grocery coupons.
22. Any coupons really.
23. Speaking of coupons, those Victoria's Secret free underwear coupons.
24. That friend who has their own Costco membership and lets you tag along with them.
25. The samples at Costco.
26. Holiday twinkle lights that your dorm doesn't allow, but you probably have anyway.
27. Candles that are also against the rules, but most likely are hidden somewhere in your room.
28. Curves on tests.
29. When your professor drops your lowest quiz grade.
30. Hugging your family when you finally see them again.
31. Getting to bring laundry home so you don't have to do it yourself.
32. Easy classes that give your GPA the boost you need.
34. Oversized sweaters and sweatshirts.
35. Late nights wandering around campus with friends.
36. When someone gives you a ride to the airport so you don't have to pay for a taxi.
37. When campus restaurants memorize your order (maybe that's a bad thing...oops).
38. Staying in pajamas all day when you don't have class.
39. Relaxing when you're finally done with midterms.
40. Did I mention a break from school?